Our Promise To Consumers
Without your trust, we wouldn’t exist. That’s why at Atomic, putting your trust first is at the heart of our business.
Atomic exists to help you harness the power of your paycheck. Our payroll connectivity reduces the friction for you to securely access your financial data in your employer’s payroll portal.
We help you give access to this data, such as a mobile banking app you use to access your money, and help companies create new products and services that help you achieve your financial goals.
We’ve built Atomic with your security and privacy in mind from the beginning.
Atomic has always and will always be transparent with you about how your data is used. As founders, we pledge to keep it that way.
Our promise to you
- Consent. We ask your consent for each type of data we access and every company we provide the data to. We also give you full control to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us directly or through our partner’s mobile app you are a customer of.
- Transparency. We always tell you what data you are authorizing access to, who you are authorizing to receive the data, and how long it will be used for.
- Data Security. We maintain strong data security practices at all times. External auditors have certified us as compliant with SOC 2, which is a type of audit focused on data security. As part of our data security, we:
- Never store your payroll data without your explicit consent
- Encrypt all credentials you share so they can only be accessed using a secret key
- Never store your passwords without your consent
- Fees. We will never charge you for Atomic’s services. We make money by charging fees to the financial services companies you authorize to update or receive data from your employer’s payroll system.
Do The Right Thing
Protecting your data is foundational at Atomic — not just because fraudsters are getting more sophisticated, but because it is the right thing to do.
In the early days of Atomic, we knew we wanted to build a business that would revolutionize how you engage with financial services in the years to come.
Building privacy into the DNA of our company’s culture will set us up to earn your trust. By predicting and preventing data privacy breaches and identity theft, we’re confident we can develop trust with you. That’s important because we intend to be a fundamental part of your financial lives for the long term.
To our customers, investors, and consumers who use Atomic, this is our promise to continue to safeguard your data and preserve your trust in us.