Financial technology leader FIS (NYSE: FIS) and The Venture Center announced the ten companies selected to participate in the 2021 FIS Fintech Accelerator program and we are honored Atomic is one of the selected companies.
Key highlights on the 2021 program
- 2021 is the 6th cohort of the FIS Fintech Accelerator program
- 10 growth-stage fintech companies were selected, including Atomic
- 30% of the firms selected have a women founder or co-founder
- 30 countries were represented across the pool of program applicants
- 100’s of financial services decision-makers, investors, and bankers will meet with the ten companies during the Accelerator program
- 77 alumni have been through the Venture Center’s programs, have raised over $230 million in combined funding, and have engaged with 1,000’s of industry leaders
In its sixth year, the FIS Fintech Accelerator program is focused on identifying and fostering startup financial technology firms with promising, high-potential technologies that advance the way the world pays, banks and invests.
This year’s cohort and solutions areas include:
- Array– Credit monitoring
- Atomic – Authentication / direct deposit / financial data
- Bankifi – Banking-as-a-service
- BankLabs – Lending
- Informed.IQ – Automation
- Long Game – Financial wellness
- OakNorth – Lending
- Railz– Data-as-a-service
- TaxStatus – Authentication / lending
- Vymo– Customer relationship management
The 2021 program again will be conducted virtually. The 12-week accelerator program begins on June 7 and is preceded by a four-week program to prepare company founders to work with FIS and its clients.
“The future of fintech will be impacted by innovators that bring forward breakthrough technology ideas that have real-world value for financial services organizations,” said Ariel Mendiola, head of FIS Ventures.
“That’s the spirit of innovation we look for each year in our Accelerator program, and we are seeing it again with this year’s applicants. We congratulate these ten chosen participants and look forward to working with them as part of the program’s class of 2021.”
“FIS continues to lead the world of innovation through programs including the FIS Fintech Accelerator, in partnership with The Venture Center,” said Wayne Miller, Executive Director, The Venture Center.
“This program has grown immensely in both scope and stature over the past six years, and we are proud to play a pivotal role ushering in a new era of technology alongside the most talented founders in the world.”
The 2021 program will culminate with a Demo Day on August 26, where leaders from each of the participating firms will demonstrate their refined solutions to hundreds of leading financial institutions, potential investors and industry participants.
Past graduates of the FIS Fintech Accelerator have gone on to secure additional capital funding, win industry awards, and in some cases enter into agreements with FIS to bring their innovations to market.